Soyuz-U carrier rocket with Progress M-26M cargo spaceship launched from Baikonur

 

February 17, 14:14 UTC+3

MOSCOW, February 17. /TASS/. The Soyuz-U carrier rocket with Russia’s Progress M-26M cargo spacecraft was blasted off on Tuesday from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan to the International Space Station (ISS), the Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) press service told TASS.

“The rocket’s liftoff passed normally, on schedule. The cargo spaceship’s separation from the third stage of the carrier rocket is to take place 9 minutes after the blast-off,” Roscosmos said.

The Progress spacecraft is to dock to the ISS six hours after the launch – at 19:59 pm, Moscow time, Tuesday, the press service said.

Russia’s Aerospace Defense Forces launched 33 satellites last year – Defense Ministry

January 03, MOSCOW

MOSCOW, January 3. /TASS/. Russia’s Aerospace Defense Forces launched 33 satellites from the space centers in Plesetsk in north Russia and Baikonur in Kazakhstan last year, Defense Ministry spokesman Col. Alexei Zolotukhin said on Saturday.

“Specialists of the Aerospace Defense Forces made launches of 33 space vehicles of various designation from the Plesetsk and Baikonur space centers in 2014, of which 9 space vehicles were placed under control of the Titov Main Space Testing Center of the Aerospace Defense Forces’ Space Command,” the spokesman said.

Russia’s Aerospace Defense Forces are currently carrying out 20 design and experimental projects to develop new types and models of technical facilities for space system measurement and control, he said.

These efforts include the development of a unified command and measurement system for control of new-generation space vehicles, a promising system of telemetric data receipt and processing and the improvement of the ground-based system of control of the GLONASS satellite grouping, the spokesman said.

ILS Satellite Launches Remain on Schedule Despite Sanctions

ILS Satellite Launches Remain on Schedule Despite Sanctions

BRUSSELS, April 30 (RIA Novosti) – The newly imposed US sanctions against Russia will not affect the work of the International Launch Services (ILS) company, a spokesperson for the Luxembourg-based satellite fleet operator SES told RIA Novosti Wednesday.

“This is what ILS told us. International Launch Services has all the necessary permits from the US Department of State to execute the previously scheduled launches till 2016,” Yves Feltes said.

“Any new licenses will be considered by the US Department of State on a case-by-case basis. As for the current sanctions imposed by the US Treasury Department against Russian citizens and companies, they did not affect our work,” Feltes added.

The ILS Company sells commercial contracts for satellites on the Russian Proton rocket. Its majority interest belong to Russia’s Khrunichev, which builds the Proton.

Telecommunications satellites built for SES, Turkish Turksat and British Immarsat are now scheduled for launch from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan. An Inmarsat spokesperson earlier told RIA Novosti that the company remains on course to launch their second and third Global Xpress satellites by the end of the year.

Media reports emerged earlier suggesting the liftoff could be cancelled as the satellites contain some US-manufactured electronic components which fall under US export restrictions.

The United States announced Monday it had restricted exports of high-tech defense products to Russia.

“Effective immediately, the department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls will deny pending applications for export or re-export of any high technology defense articles or services. In addition, the department is taking actions to revoke any existing export licenses which meet these conditions. All other pending applications and existing licenses will receive a case-by-case evaluation to determine their contribution to Russia’s military capabilities,” State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said in a statement.

Proton-M Rocket Launches Kazakh, Russian Satellites

Proton-M Rocket Launches Kazakh, Russian Satellites

MOSCOW, April 28 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian Proton-M carrier rocket has successfully placed Kazakhstan’s KazSat-3 telecommunications satellite and Russia’s Luch-5V relay satellite into Earth orbit, the Russian space agency Roscosmos said Monday.

“The Briz-M booster with two satellites has separated from the Proton-M carrier rocket. The Kazakh satellite, KazSat-3, is due to reach its final orbit at 5:17 p.m. Moscow time (01:17 GMT) and the Russian Luch relay satellite will separate from the booster at 5:57 p.m. Moscow time (01:57 GMT),” the agency said.

The Luch-5V will be the third satellite in Russia’s Luch Satellite Data Relay Network, used to transmit live TV images and communications from the International Space Station and orbital spacecraft to Earth, in a manner similar to that of the US Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System.

The KazSat-3 satellite will provide telecommunications, TV, broadband Internet and other services in Kazakhstan and neighboring countries. It was manufactured as part a project to create a national space telecoms network.

Soyuz-U rocket with Egyptian satellite launched from Baikonur

Soyuz-U rocket with Egyptian satellite launched from Baikonur

The 1,050 kg satellite is intended for high-resolution Earth remote sensing for the benefit of agricultural, geological and environmental studies

MOSCOW, April 16. /ITAR-TASS/. A Soyuz-U rocket carrying an Egyptian communication satellite, EgyptSat-2, was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Wednesday, April 16.

The satellite is scheduled to separate from the rocket at 20:28 Moscow time (GMT+4), the Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) said.

The 1,050 kg satellite is intended for high-resolution Earth remote sensing for the benefit of agricultural, geological and environmental studies.

The first such satellite was launched on April 17, 2007 from Baikonur but contact with it was lost in 2011. Egyptian specialists said back then that it was a pilot spacecraft built to operate for three years. The new satellite is designed to work for 11 years. It was made by Russia’s Energia Space Corporation.

Russia Launches British Satellite

Russia Launches British Satellite

MOSCOW, December 8 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian Proton-M carrier rocket with a British telecoms satellite blasted off from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan on Sunday, the Russian space agency Roscosmos said.

The launch occurred at 16:12 Moscow Time [12:12 GMT], as planned. The orbital unit (the Breeze M upper stage and the satellite) has separated from the rocket, a Roscosmos spokesman told RIA Novosti.

The Inmarsat-5 F1 satellite’s separation is due in some 15 hours, on Monday.

The satellite, built by Boeing Satellite Systems, provides a wide range of voice and data services through an established global network of distributors and service providers. Its expected service life is 15 years in geostationary orbit.

This was the third satellite of the Inmarsat series launched with the help of a Proton-M carrier rocket.

According to NASA, the satellite is one of three Ka-band Inmarsat-5 satellites ordered from Boeing by UK-based satellite operator Inmarsat at a price of some $1 billion. Each Inmarsat-5 satellite will carry 89 Ka-band beams that will operate in geosynchronous orbit providing flexible global coverage.

When operational, the Inmarsat-5 group will provide the operator with a comprehensive range of global mobile satellite services, including in-flight connectivity for airline passengers, mobile broadband communications for deep-sea vessels, and streaming high-resolution video, voice and data.

The accident at the Baikonur – costly symptom of ill-health space industry

The accident at the Baikonur - costly symptom of ill-health space industry

04.07.2013 vpk
Despite the positioning of the space as a national priority and a high level of state investment, the space projects continue to be provided at the center of a variety of scandals. The fall of “Proton-M” proves that the industry requires well thought-out reform, rather than just searching for the perpetrators.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the Khrunichev Center Alexander Bobrenev, said that the launches of carrier rockets of the “Proton-M” are on hold until the completion of the emergency committee. The next launch with the use of “Proton-M” was scheduled for July 20.