Russian foreign minister says attack on Russian hospital in Aleppo was planned

The Russian military will help the Syrian army to take additional measures to protect hospitals from terrorist attacks
 

MOSCOW, December 6. /TASS/. The attack on the Russian Defense Ministry’s mobile hospital in Aleppo was planned, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Tuesday.

“We are confident that this attack was planned,” the minister said. “It was planned by those who are trying to retain their positions in Aleppo under the guise of their foreign patrons.”

The minister stressed that the Russian military will help the Syrian army take additional security measures to protect hospitals from terrorists. “Of course, after yesterday’s crime our servicemen will help the Syrian army to take extra security measures to protect hospitals from bandits,” Lavrov said.

The Russian Defense Ministry earlier reported that two Russian medical workers had been killed and another one wounded when Syrian “opposition” militants shelled the Russian mobile hospital in Aleppo. According to the ministry, the facility came under artillery fire when the examination of local patients was in progress.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s